“"A well-balanced blend of electric and acoustic rock. His distinctive voice and vision help bring together a diverse range of approaches, from the celebratory to the tragic." .... Beach Sloth, SKOPE Magazine (October 25, 2014)”
Tyler Gilbert is 3 piece hard rock band hailing from Regina, SK consisting of Tyler Gilbert(vocals, guitars), Mark Ennis(drums), and JD Lemire(bass). With a sound similar to that of Alice in Chains, Alter Bridge and Black Label Society. They have been making waves in the music industry since releasing their 2008 debut EP Vos to their current release Underdog (2019). They have done national tours all over Canada and the USA; performed at countless major festivals, including the Ohio State Fair, Sound of Music, CCMA Festival, Womens World Curling Championship and Canadian Western Agribition; and performed live on Global TV, Shaw TV, CTV while their music hit the playlists of top stations all across Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Ireland and South Africa as well as airplay Sirius XM and Stingray radio.
Facebook Followers: 1660
Twitter Followers: 3343
Instagram Followers: 1475
YouTube Subscribers: 117
YouTube Views : 28 043
Spotify Monthly Listeners: 1480
Spotify Total Streams: 20 369
"Ghost Behind Your Mind" recent achievements:
- Received airplay on 54 terrestrial and online radio stations within Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Ireland and South Africa. Including rotations and heavy plays.
- #1 on the Fab Chart, spending 6 weeks on the charts.
- Nominated for Best Male Artist on the Fab Chart Awards.
- "Ghost Behind Your Mind" featured on The Movie Jerks podcast as Artist of the Month.
- Reached #5 on the KB Radio Top 25 Chart, spending 5 weeks on the charts.
- "Ghost" Featured on The Piffles Podcast.
- Reached #2 on the Zootap Radio Rock Chart, spending 3 weeks on the charts.
- Reached #8 on Monies New Music Chart
- Reached #10 on Spectrum Radio Petts Wood Top Top 40 Chart, spending 3 weeks on the charts.
- Reached # 46 on the LRDR Top 50 Radio Chart.
- Reached #10 spot on the Banks Radio Australia Top 15 Chart for week of March 26, 2019
- Reached #1 spot on Number1 Regina Music Charts
- Is featured on Zootap Radio Compilation CD.
"Electric" recent achievements:
- Received airplay on 48+ terrestrial and online radio stations within Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Ireland and South Africa. Including rotations and heavy plays.
- Reached #28 on the Radio Indie Alliance Radio Charts Top 40 for the week of Sept 30, 2019
- Reached #31 on SpiderWeb Radio Top 100.
- Reached #7 on Monies New Music Radio in UK for Sept 2, 2019
- Reached #3 on Zootap Radio Chart for Aug 8, 2019 remaining on the chart until Oct 17, 2019
- Reached #10 on ISR Radio Rock 21 Charts for Sept 21, 2019
- Featured on The John Lebang Show Music Hour in October, 2019
- Reached #1 on QC Indie Radio Top 10 Countdown on Sept 23, 2019 and remained in the top 5 on the chart until Oct 21, 2019
- Nominated for Best Band on Wigwam Radio Awards
- Won "Best Song by a Solo Artist" award for "Electric" at the 2020 Banger Music Awards.
The Live Band:
Tyler Gilbert - Vocals, Guitars
JD Lemire - Bass, Vocals
Mark Ennis - Drums
- US tours including : California, New York, Utah, Nevada, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Washington, New Mexico, Montana.
- Canadian tours including : BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, PEI
- Festivals including: Folk Alliance International, Ohio State Fair, Canadian Country Music Award Festival, Canadian Western Agribition, May Run Music Festival, Winnipeg Fringe Festival, All Folked Up in Montmartre, Broadway Arts Festival and the, Cathedral Village Arts Fest, Bow Valley Jamboree, Living Sky Music Festival, Sound of Music Festival, Grand Porch Party.
- 4 Commercial radio releases to the following formats: US Country / US Campus Radio / CAN Country / CAN Adult Contemporary / CAN Rock / CAN Campus Radio
- Moderate to heavy commercial radio, Sirius XM and CBC airplay with “Lady of the Mountaintop”, “Mornin’ Sunlight” and “Continuously”
- Endorsed by Clayton USA picks and Shubb Capos.
- Has released 3 Music Videos which were premiered by Blank TV and VEVO.
- Live TV Performances on: Global TV, CTV, Cooked with Shack, Shaw TV "Stripped Down"
- Have been featured on such newspapers and magazines such as: Regina Leader Post, Prairie Post, Ominocity, Buzz City, Prairie Dog, Medicine Hat News, SaskCulture Engage, Estevan Mercury, Roseville Times.
- Was a nominated finalist for the Regina Mayor Arts & Business “Emerging Artist Award” in 2012.
- He has shared the stage with artists such as: Sean McCann, Charlie Major, Ken Hamm, Mike Edel, Jeremy Fisher, Wyatt, and Sam Bradley.
- World Wildlife Federation chose a line of lyrics from Tyler to use for their “Earth Hour” anthem in the spring of 2012.
Underdog - (2019)
The Montana Kid - (2016)
OK Murphy - (2013)
Tyler's World- (2011)
The Re-session - (2009)
SKOPE Magazine - Boston, MA - https://skopemag.com/2014/10/25/tyler-gilbert-okay-murphy
Hot Indie News - http://www.hotindienews.com/2014/10/30/43868
JP's Music Blog - http://www.jpsmusicblog.com/2014/11/cd-review-new-music-from-indie-artists.html
Prairie Post - Southern AB/SK - http://www.prairiepost.com/entertainment/music/item/4548-hard-working-regina-singer-hits-medicine-hat-swift-current-july-24.html
The QC - Regina, SK - http://www.leaderpost.com/entertainment/What+eating+Tyler+Gilbert/5645785/story.html
The Walleye - Thunder Bay, ON - http://issuu.com/TheWalleyeMagazine/docs/walleye_sept2011_final_lores/17
Ominocity - Saskatoon, SK -
Leader Post - Regina, SK -
LA Beat - Lethbridge, AB -
Verb - Regina, SK -
Leader Post - Regina, SK -
Press & Reviews:
- "A well-balanced blend of electric and acoustic rock. His distinctive voice and vision help bring together a diverse range of approaches, from the celebratory to the tragic." .... Beach Sloth, SKOPE Magazine (October 25, 2014)
- "Really, there’s not enough space on this site to sing the praises for this album. I’m hooked. Tyler Gilbert’s Ok Murphy gets the seal of approval. Next stop – American domination."....... Melissa Kucirek, Hot Indie News (Oct 30, 2014)
- "The adult contemporary pop/rock of "Continuously" showcase the diversity in Tyler Gilbert's music ..... JP, Jp's Music Blog (Nov 6, 2014)
- Tyler's CD's have been placed in the Library and Archives of Canada.
- Was featured on Cynthia Kahn's Amused Now Podcast (December, 2014)
- Tyler has been featured in Regina's "Leader Post" twice, in the "QC" paper once, in the Verb paper once, and Thunder Bay's "The Walleye" once
- "Different sound & good voice" by Jerry Cupit, Cupit Records Nashville.(2010)
- "I'm glad I came to Regina just to see Tyler." ..... Sean McCann, Great Big Sea (May 5, 2011)
- "The clear crisp chords, combined with thoughtful lyrics, created a relaxing folk/rock mix.".....Susan Hagens, The Walleye (Sept 2011)
- “He has everything to become one of Canada’s greatest songwriters”….. Miss Marilyn, CJTR (2010)
- Was given a good review by Theresa Lawton, wife of director/writer/producer J.F. Lawton(Pretty Woman, Under Siege, V.I.P., Mistress).
- Wow! This kid blew me away! He has a great voice and plays a clean guitar with some good chops and runs. I like the harmonica too. It enhances his marketability. Also, the addition of a cello adds sophistication to his recording. He could be a 21st Century Bob Dylan with one notable difference: Tyler is articulate. It’s a great album. I hope he has a fine career... " - Richard E., Fan Mail (May 15, 2011)
- "Nice Work!" .... Jeff Chiba Stearns, Filmmaker (May 20, 2011)
- "Your album has meant a lot to me since I discovered you and your music back in May. So many of the lyrics smack me right in the gut, and speak to my heart. Sometimes takes the wind out of me to hear songs that express exactly how I feel. Thank you so much for sharing your talent!!........Fan Mail(Jan, 2012)
- “He has a great evocative tone in his vocals." ..... Steve McDonald, BuzzCity.ca (June 2011)
- "Prolific folk songwriter" .... James Brotheridge, Prairie Dog (May 19, 2011)
- "Tyler, a favourite at last years festival, we had to invite him back. He just plainly enjoys performing and recording and we just plainly love to listen to him." ... All Folked Up In Montemartre (May 1, 2011)
- "Taking on an aggressive folk sound, with plenty of ripping electric guitar parts, Gilbert’s take on the genre is both refreshing and atypical. With strong vocals persisting throughout the album, there is still something wholly familiar, even haunting, about his songwriting." .... Ominocity (May 12, 2011)
- "You wrote my life." referring to "Break Free" ... Fan Mail (April 17, 2011)
- "Great well written songs, these should be heard on the radio." .... Justin Bender, Producer/Into Eternity (Feb 9, 2011)